"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover". Mark Twain

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mexico 1

Ola y Feliz Navadad
Hello and Merry Christmas
A brief update. I've arrived in Mexico on December 15 having crossed the border from Nogales Arizona. I am presently in a small fishing town of San Carlos approximately 350 KM from the border. This is a beautiful region located on the "Golfo de Calfornia" or what we'd call the Sea of Cortes. The weather as you'd expect is awesome. I am staying in some very comfortable beachfront accommodations with a great balcony view of the sea / By far these are the best accommodations of the journey /I needed a treat. I plan to remain in this area for a few weeks. I require some down time to adapt to the culture, the currency, the food which I've enjoyed to date and to learn a few Spanish phrase. I'll provide a more detailed update in the next week. Internet service is rare in the region.